For the fifth edition of Win a Date With Gavin, you are once again answering silly questions that you probably shouldn’t know anyway. Some of these are going to be very easy, while others might take a bit of work. To the best of my knowledge, all but one is available online if you know where to look.
The prize? FIFTY-FIVE DOLLARS and SEVENTEEN cents ($55.17), to be spent while sharing an afternoon or evening or night or breakfast with Gavin. Spend it on food, bowling, liquor, zoos, amusement parks, movies or manicures. I don’t care. But if you go over the money allotted, you cover the rest.
The rules? Simple. Below you will find a list of 12 trivia questions in no particular order. Your goal is answer all 12 before everybody else, or be the person with the most correct answers on the deadline
The catch? Um, I don’t think there is a catch.
Contest Ends DECEMBER TWENTY-FIFTH, 2006
- In the film “Total Recall”, Quaid is followed by a car while on Earth. If the numbers of the license plate were telling a military time, what time would it be for civilians?
- Also in “Total Recall”, Quaid and Benny are having a chat outside the Last Resort. A sign for which fast food restaurant is visible behind them?
- According to the “X-Tinction Agenda” trade paperback, what is Professor Charles Xavier’s favorite book?
- Writer-Director David Lynch created a character whose name was inspired by famous hijacker DB Cooper. What is this character’s middle name, date of birth, and score on the Eagle Scout marksmanship test?
- What are Dutch rubs, Dutch courage, going Dutch, Double Dutch, and which president was nicknamed Dutch?
- Where would I find a muzhik?
- I used to play spades with Andy Nitecki — what is his sister’s name?
- The funk band Zapp had a member named Larry Troutman. What was his cause of death and what was his social security number?
- What is the third step when committing Seppuku?
- In 2003 I lent $150 to Amy VanDeraa. What did she spend the money on?
- D. B. Caulfield wrote a collection of short stories called “The Secret Goldfish”. According to Caulfield’s brother, which short story is the best one in the collection? And on what day did D. B.’s other brother die?
- In the 1930s movie “White Zombie”, why do they bury bodies in the middle of the road?
- Christian A. Worzalla: 12; A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L.
- Shane Alan Schaefer: 11; A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, K, L.
- Catherine Danielle Wolf: 6; C, D, E, G, J, L.
- Seth David Centner: 5; C, D, E, F, J.